Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ask Ady: Gown v. Party Dress

Dear Ady,

I would really like to change from my bridal gown into a party dress for my reception.  I am butting heads with my mom on this one - she really wants me to stay in my gown for the entire evening, but I just think it will be more fun to switch it up.  What do you think I should do?

Thanks!

Sara, Manhattan

Dear Sara,


I have to tell you, I am with mom on this one.  My philosophy is that your gown is KEY to the magic of being a bride.  Once you change out of that dress, you change from bride to wife.  Do not misunderstand me, being a wife is absolutely fabulous, but you do have the rest of your life (as a wife) for a fun party dress.  Your chance to wear your gown and be a BRIDE is once.  Stay in that dress.   Dance your heart out in it.  Have the time of your life in it.  And when you take it off, relish the memories you made in it.   


Team gown, 


Ady

No comments:

Post a Comment