Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thank you New York


10 years and it feels like it was just yesterday. 

I think we all remember exactly what we were doing that day, the feelings we had when we saw the second plane hit, the disbelief that something so evil could happen to a city so strong. 

But New York survived and thrived. 

I never knew New York when the towers stood tall.  I visited 1 month after 9/11 for the first time, and fell in love with this city that was putting itself back together and wearing it's brave face. The second I stepped off that plane at LGA, I knew I had to move there - I fell and I fell hard.  New York was my first true love. 

New York City has given me so much - my career, my husband, my sweet doggie Sherman, my dearest friends and the determination to always thrive. 

Thank you New York - you have been a life-changing friend. 

Love, AMR

No comments:

Post a Comment