Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ask Ady: Appropriate Gift for a Couple Hosting a Shower?

Hi Ady!
I have a really random question and I may be over thinking this, but I need your advice.  I just realized that I need to think of a great thank-you gift for a couples shower being hosted for my fiance and me by my parent's friends as a couple.  I am at a loss for what is not so gender specific that the couple will like and/or need.  I am trying to think of something unique and special since they really already have everything they really need.  Any thoughts?   



Thanks!


M, Grandview 




HI M,


You are very sweet to consider this decision so heavily.  Luckily, most of the time, men do understand that gifts are primarily for the lady of the house, so I don't think you need to worry TOO heavily about this, but here are some ideas that will be pleasing to both:  


1. A beautiful arrangement from the couple's favorite florist.  Have this prearranged and delivered on the morning of your shower.  They will be able to use it as part of the decor.  You may want to use the invitation they sent out as a guide for a color scheme.  When in doubt, go for neutrals!


2. His and Hers luggage tags.  Tiffany has really cool luggage tags that pretty much anyone could use.  You can give him black and her Tiffany blue.  Chances are, they don't already have these, and haven't thought about upgrading their luggage tags!


3. A gift certificate to a nearby restaurant.  You can give this with the sentiment of "thanks for hosting such a lovely shower for us, we would like to treat you to a dinner out."


I hope this helps!  Thanks for writing in! 


Ady

No comments:

Post a Comment