Our very favorite makeup gal, Lindsay Remley from Cheek Makeup by Lindsay has written another uber informative beauty must-read for all of your bride-to-be's out there. This timeline will also work for MOB, MOG, MOH and any other special lady in the wedding party. Read on and enjoy! We are feeling brighter and fresher already! xx
Wedding Day Beauty Countdown
I am constantly surprised by the crazy treatments offered to brides to prep for their wedding. I am here to tell you that you don’t need them, or at least most of them. Here are some simple steps you can follow to get gorgeous for the big day- no expensive treatments required!
- Develop a great skincare routine that includes a cleanser, moisturizer (eye and face) and gentle exfoliant. Make sure it is tailored to your skin type and concerns.
- Increase your water intake. Your skin is made of water, the more you drink the better your skin will look, naturally.
- Book your hair stylist and makeup artist for the wedding day.
- Don’t introduce any new products or treatments. You never know how your skin will react and how long it will take to recover. This is NOT the time to get a laser peel or micro-derm abrasion if you have never tried it before.
- Schedule your hair and makeup trial runs. If possible, schedule them for the same day so you can see how they look together. Have an idea of what you want to look like already. Pictures help bring visual representation to the idea in your head.
- Don’t neglect your lips! Exfoliate (as needed) and moisturize your lips daily for a kissable smooch and flawless lipstick application.
- Find a great body polish and moisturizer. Use the polish twice a week in the shower and apply moisturizer daily. Your skin will be smooth as a baby’s bottom.
- Get your final haircut and color touched up (if you color your hair).
- All waxing (if this is something you typically have done) should be done a week before the big day to allow any irritation or swelling to heal in time. DO NOT start if you have never had it done before.
- Get your nails done the day before with your girl friends. This is a great way to relax and enjoy all the excitement.
- Minimize your salt intake (it can make your skin blotchy), not to mention bloat!
- Sleep! Relax! There is nothing more gorgeous than a bride that looks like she is enjoying herself.
P.S. - check out Lindsay's great reviews on Wedding Wire. She recently won the Bride's Choice Award! You Go Girl!
P.P.S. - AND! Exclusively for AE clients, Cheek by Lindsay is offering 15% off wedding day makeup for 4+ gals. Thanks Linds!!!